5 Powers I Wish I Had

Posted by Emily , Monday, July 1, 2013 9:35 AM

Now that I'm a mom, I've noticed some shortcomings of mine that make motherhood more challenging. Here are 5 talents I wish I had that would make being a parent much easier.


1. Upper Body Strength

When Sage is in her carseat, the whole kit-and-caboodle weighs approximately 6,000 lbs. Not a huge problem when it's summer and we don't go anywhere, but I find myself needing to do bicep curls with the carseat to stay at the top of my game in the off-season.

2. Engineering Knowledge

I have had some amazing ideas for inventions while in the throes of a mothering challenge. If only I knew how to build them, I'd be a millionaire! Too bad I have forgotten most of them thanks to mommy-brain.

3. Telepathy

When you are holding a sleeping/barely asleep/almost asleep baby, it's generally not desirable to have to yell at the top of your lungs. I'd like to be able to communicate with my husband things like "go get the camera and take a picture of this adorable sleeping baby" or "come get this baby I really have to pee" without having to shout at him from the other side of the house.

4. Telekinesis

If I could just...reach...the burp cloth...then maybe I wouldn't have spit-up all over my shirt. Again. Which brings me back to my inventions (what? I'm the only one who wants a Mommy Toolbelt so I'm never without a burp cloth or pacifier when I need one?). If I just had the power of The Force to summon the burp cloth to my hand, then the Toolbelt would no longer be necessary, and all my shirts would be clean! Plus, it would make for a neat party trick.

5. Hypnosis

"You are getting verrrry sleepy..." 
Enough said.

1 Response to "5 Powers I Wish I Had"

Erin Says:

These are great! :)

Post a Comment